Security & Privacy
our security commitment
This is clever stuff. You get a player identification number (PIN) and a system-assigned User ID access code. Just register online and give us your Internet and credit-card details nice and securely on our heavily encrypted pages. Your details will be kept on a computer that’s separate from the Internet. In a corner. Next to the muffins.
Our security commitment
Playing online is all about having fun, and winning now and then. But it’s also about security. That’s why we chose Thawte as our partner. They can provide you with 100% e-commerce transaction security, because they’re a leading provider of SSL certificates globally.
Thawte 100% secure
What’s SSL? Well, in short, it’s all about encryption. SSL encrypts data, like credit cards numbers (and other personally identifiable information), which prevents baddies from stealing your information for naughty purposes. Once you log in at bingomania.com, all the data sent between your browser and our website is secured with an SSL certificate provided by Thawte.
You can visit their website at www.thawte.com to learn more.
The information we collect about you
We will collect personal data about you from the following sources:
- When you visit our website.
- Through surveys you complete.
- When you communicate with us (by email, mail, phone).
- When we undertake an analysis of your interaction with us.
- From public sources of information such as public records or social media postings.
- From cookies and tracking devices on your devices where you have permitted their use.
We will collect the following types of information:
Your personal and contact details
Such as your name, home or email address, telephone number or online identity.
Such as information about your account with us, including your login details for our websites, age, gender, date of birth, unique account number, unique customer identification, marketing preferences, complaints details and notes added to your account.
Transactions, wager and account history
Such as records relating to the products and services which you have purchased or used.
Responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
Such as records of any surveys you respond to or your entry into any competitions we run.
Records of your discussions with our customer services teams
Including call recordings, webchat and emails.
Such as when you share comments and opinions with us, ask us questions or make a complaint.
Advertising and direct marketing preferences and responses
Such as information about how you respond or interact with, any direct marketing or advertising communications directed to you, including any requests for these communications to stop.
How we use your personal data
- To provide you with customer services, answer your questions or address your complaints or concerns.
- To check your or validate your identity and protect your information.
- To invite you to take part in competitions or take up promotions or to keep you informed about products of services which may be of interest to you. To measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you. You may opt-out of receiving direct marketing communications at any time.
- To build a profile of you, your preferences and your habits to better understand your interests.
- To prevent or detect fraud, theft or loss to our business and our customers.
- To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, maintain and improve our products and services, optimize business processes, quality assurance purposes, support efficient management of our staff, analyze the performance of webpages and provide relevant content to you.
How long we retain your personal data
- Marketing consents (typically 36 months) unless consent is refreshed.
- Business contact (until accounts are open and active with us).
- Customer Data (A seven-year retention period which starts to run from the date your account is closed). We will only retain this information if you continue as an active member on our website.
*Marketing Communications and your choices *h2.
When we first collect your personal data we’ll ask you to tell us how you would like to hear from us in future about our other products and services. This will normally be via tick box on forms or web pages and you can opt-out at any time.
What is Opting Out?
The term opt-out refers to several methods by which individuals can avoid receiving unsolicited product or service information. This ability is usually associated with direct marketing campaigns such as telemarketing, e-mail marketing, or direct mail.
How can I opt-out of BingoMania marketing correspondence?
If you do not wish to receive any offers, promotions, information on events and tailored communications based on your account activity, you can request to be made un-contactable by:
Using the "unsubscribe" option provided in any marketing communication you receive or contacting our Customer Support department.